LODGE: Built in 1898 right on the shoreline, and seating up to 50, our lodge is the heart of our resort.
- Wireless (Wi-Fi Access) high speed internet FREE
- Snack bar
- Game rooms (arcade, pool table, jukebox, mini-Ferris Wheel)
- Scheduled activities in summer: (potluck luau, B-I-N-G-O, fishing contest, sing-a-longs, craft hour, Bead Lady, scavenger hunt, pool table tournament, movie night, hillbilly golf, etc.)
RESORT AMENITIES: Big BEACH, playhouse w/ slides/swings/climbing wall, mini-carousel, horseshoe pits, volleyball, basketball, on-site hiking trails, boat rentals (including pontoons) and complimentary play boats (canoes, kayaks, paddleboats, stand-up surfboard, fun bug).
Surrounded by forest, it's a peaceful lake with the serenity of nature, but 2 miles to the little town of Akeley. (16 miles to Park Rapids, 8 to Walker.)
On-site spa services:
- Drum circles
- Aromatherapy class
- Ionic Detox Foot Bath
- Ear Candling
- Lakeside sauna
- Spring Healer's Retreat (1st weekend in June)
- Fall Relaxation Retreat (3rd weekend in Sept.)
CABINS: We have 19 cabins and 2 campsites. The average cost per person in prime-time summer is $37 night (based on weekly rates).
We have a mix of traditionally rustic cabins (guaranteed clean) and new luxury cabins with fireplaces, whirlpool jet bathtubs, dishwashers, A/C, etc.
We are a very earth-friendly, GREEN resort - if you are chemically sensitive - check us out! (See "Our Green Habits" on our colorful website today!)
Give us a 'ringy or zip us an e-mail anytime with questions or comments. :) --Kim & Big John
P.S. If you are looking for a resort for heavy drinking and all night partying, do not choose us. Quiet time after 11:00 p.m. Sorry, no pets, no jet skis, no fireworks or guns allowed.